Partner Visa Permanent (Subclass 801) Australia


Partner Visa Permanent (SC801) allows the de facto partner or partner of an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live permanently in Australia. It is typically reserved for those who currently possess a Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820). The permit allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. You may also work, travel or study while in the country. Furthermore, you may also apply for citizenship if eligible.

Can 801 Visa Be Cancelled?

Yes, Partner Visa Permanent (SC801) an be revoked if you no longer meet the visa's requirements, break the rules, or provide misleading info during your application. Before final cancellation, the Department of Home Affairs will notify you of the reason for the cancellation, and you will have the opportunity to appeal the decision and provide evidence for why you should keep your visa. 

Your partner is unable to cancel your visa once you have received it. While the visa is being processed, they can withdraw their sponsorship.

What Happens if You Break Up on a Partner Visa 801?

If you have Partner Visa Permanent (SC801) and your relationship ends, you will most likely be able to stay in Australia. 

If you split up before receiving the 801 Visa (i.e. you are still a temporary resident), you can only stay in Australia under the following conditions: 

  • You were the victim of domestic abuse. 
  • An Australian child is in combine custody between you and your partner. 
  • Your partner is no longer alive.


To be eligible, You must:


You are not required to do anything else if you are given a Partner Visa Permanent (SC801)  mmediately post your temporary 820 VISA. You must provide additional documentation if they did not immediately give you this visa after granting you a temporary 820 visa. These documents may include:

  • Passport with precise information.
  • Proof of continuing relationship with your sponsor/partner.
  • There is proof for change in relation like marriage certificate, child's birth certificate, or divorce papers.
  • Documents for depending on children.


You can apply for a Permanent Visa 2 years after submitting your visa application. You have a maximum of one month before the two-year deadline to attach the documents. Do not attach them before this time. 

When to Apply
You are supposed to apply two years after getting a Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820).

Visa Processing Time
It could take months to complete the processing.

How to Apply
The application process is online. You can use your already created ImmiAccount and add additional documents to it.


With this visa you can live, work and study in Australia indefinitely.

If you applied for the combined Temporary and Permanent Partner Visa, you paid for this visa. Other fees, such as those for health checks or police certificates, may be required.


This is a permanent visa. It allows you to remain in Australia indefinitely. The day the visa is granted, you become a permanent resident.


You are allowed to work during your stay.

Visa may include children.

You may apply for citizenship through this visa.

Was this page useful?

Was this page useful?


To access the free information about visas and immigration, simply navigate to the relevant section on our website. You'll find a wide range of articles, guides, and resources to help you understand various visa processes, immigration requirements, and related topics.
Yes, VisaLobby strives to cover visa and immigration information for a wide range of countries across the globe. While we aim to provide comprehensive coverage, please note that the depth and breadth of information may vary for different countries.
Registering as a user on VisaLobby is easy. Simply click on the "Sign up" button on the top right corner of the website and fill in the required information. Once registered, you'll have access to full features on our website.
If you have any further questions, concerns, or feedback, you can reach out to us through the "Help" page on our website. We value user input and are always ready to assist you with any inquiries you may have.
If you need technical assistance or have inquiries about VisaLobby, you can reach our customer support team through the "Help" page on our website. Provide a detailed description of your issue or question, and our team will promptly assist you. We strive to provide excellent customer support and ensure that your experience on VisaLobby is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Yes, you can leave comments on the blog articles without registering. We encourage active participation and discussion among our users, so feel free to share your thoughts, ask questions, or provide feedback in the comments section.
After registering as a user, you can log in to your account and navigate to the blog section. There, you'll find an option to submit your article for review. Our team will review the content, ensuring it aligns with our guidelines and it will be published on the blog.
No, publishing articles on our blog is completely free for registered users. We believe in providing a platform for individuals to share their experiences, knowledge, and insights related to visas and immigration.
Yes, we strive to keep our visa and immigration information up-to-date. Our team regularly monitors and researches changes in visa policies, immigration regulations, and related topics to ensure that the information we provide is accurate and current.
Absolutely! We encourage users to share their personal visa and immigration experiences on VisaLobby. By doing so, you can provide valuable insights, tips, and support to others who may be going through similar situations.
Absolutely! We encourage users to share blog articles or other visa-related information from VisaLobby on social media platforms. By sharing valuable content, you can help spread awareness and assist others who may benefit from the information.
While we encourage users to freely express their opinions and experiences, there are certain guidelines in place to maintain the integrity and quality of the content published on the blog. Content that is offensive, discriminatory, or violates our community guidelines may not be approved for publication.
Yes, you can subscribe to our newsletter or opt-in for email notifications to receive updates on new blog articles, visa-related information, and other relevant updates from VisaLobby. Simply provide your email address and select the subscription option that suits your preferences.
If you come across inappropriate content or behaviour on VisaLobby, we encourage you to report it to our moderation team. Look for the "Report" option associated with the content or user, provide a brief explanation of the issue, and our team will review and take appropriate action.